Friday, January 11, 2013

Pastor's Pulpit

Well here we are in 2013!
We are excited about what the Lord has for us this year. We are praying for revival and a return to God in America. We need to pray for our nation as never before.

Our theme for the year is " For Such a time as This " Esther 4:14 We believe the Lord has us here for this time to do something big in us and through us. I don't want to miss the opportunities that He has for me as Pastor of Gethsemane Baptist Church. I want to be found faithful and so I need to stay as close to Him as I can.

I have made some promises to God this year:

1. I will become a better student of His Word. I want my study of the Word of God to be more in depth and I want God to make His Word come alive to me. I want to get everything that I can out of His Word that I can be blessed and in turn be a blessing to others.

2. I want to be a better Christian. I'm not talking about just being a normal, everyday, run of the mill believer. I want to be Christlike in my actions and attitude. I want to follow my Saviour and ask Him to conform me to His blessed Image day by day.

3. I want to have more faith and see great and mighty things done for God.

4. I want to learn to pray and get my prayers answered. I know, you say, " don't you know how to pray? " Yes, but what I am talking about is having a more intimate time with the Lord. I don't want to just pray and ask for things, I want to know Him and be able to go to Him about anything and see His hand working in my life.

5. I want to be a better Husband and Father. I need to be there for them and be more understanding of their needs, and concerns.

6. I want to be a better Pastor. I am asking God to help me lead and teach my people to follow the Saviour and to become all that He wants them to be.

7. I want to be a better soul winner. I must get out and knock on doors more consistently to see souls saved and then work on disciplining them so they will follow the Lord in baptism and become faithful members of the church.

Let's give God our best this year. This is our " For such a time as this " time.
Be faithful, be consumed, be determined to not quit or falter, Press On!! Amen!!

Pastor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment