Sunday, March 8, 2015

What a great Sunday following revival this week! Preached with great liberty in both of the services today. God answered a couple of prayers for me today, one had to do with someone I had prayed would be in the services today, and they were here for both the morning and evening services. Praise the Lord!
 Tonight's message was from I Kings 18: 1-8 where Obadiah was searching for a plug of grass while Elijah the prophet was praying for rain. Which one are we? Are we looking for another gimmick to get our attendance up, are we looking for another idea to keep our Sunday school afloat for another month, preacher, are you looking for another conference to pep you up so you can make it another couple of months in the ministry?
 What we need is to pray for rain, pray for the showers of blessing to fall again on our ministries, on our Sunday school class, on our lives so we can see the Lord move in our lives again. Amen? We need the touch of God and revival so He gets the glory! Isaiah 44:3 says, " For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring." Amen, are we thirsty? We are in a famine, not a famine of food, or a drought of water like Samaria was, but we are in a famine of hearing the Word of God, we are in a spiritual drought and we need the floods of His mercy and grace to be poured out!! May we pray, like Elijah, and keep on praying as he did until the servant came back and said, " I see a cloud, and the rains came!!
I'm not looking for a plug of grass, I'm looking for RAIN!!! Send the showers of blessing Lord, we need a flood of power and blessing.  
Pastor Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment